“The world is too big to stay in one place and life is too short to do just one thing.” So when the urge do something new comes a-knocking, don’t fight it, instead, go with the flow and let it sweep you into a whole new world.
Little do we know what the future holds out for us. However, we all have things, things we want to do before we, well, to use the technical term, “kick the bucket”. 😛
So here’s my bucket list:
(Warning: Being a fellow wanderer, most of my list will comprise of travel and sightseeing! Some of which I have already done.)
- Starting with a common one; to see the Northern Lights. Aurora Borealis!
- To witness the great wildebeest migration in the grassland of Serengeti and Maasai Mara.
- To go bungee jumping.
- To go sky diving.
- To trek through the Himalayas as often as possible.
- To go wine tasting in Paris.
- To sleep under the stars on a mountain cliff.
- To take time and go back-packing through Europe.
- To go deep sea diving.
- To visit the Great Pyramids at Giza. (Done)
- To visit and relax in one of those Geo Thermal Springs
- To play with Pandas (and own one if that’s even allowed. Though that probably requires a permit or something :P)
- To go on a boat ride through the Amazon rain forest.
- To swim with Dolphins, Sea Lions and Seals.
- Have a deep meaningful conversation with a stranger.
- Go camping with friends.
- Kiss someone in the rain.
- Go to a Masquerade ball.
- Attend a carnival in Brazil.
- Live in another country for a short period.
- Take a cruise on the River Nile. (Check)
- Visit the United Nations. (Check)
- Visit NASA
- Go camping at the Grand Canyon and Death Valley
- Go camping at Yosemite National Park and Yellow Stone National Park
- Fall in love with a complete stranger.
- Go on a blind date.
- Volunteer for a good cause for a short duration in another city or country.
- To spend the night in a castle/palace.
- To float and read a book in the dead sea.
- Go on the Snow Leopard Trek in Leh or a chance to see the Phantom of the Mountains in the wild.
- Volunteer or work in a zoo with all kinds of animals.
- Trek on the Zanskar River in Leh in the freezing winters of Leh, also known as the coveted Chadar Trek. (Done. Wil describe the experience in detail in a separate blog entry. For now I’ll just use one word: Surreal)
- To learn self defense. (Simply because it’s badass.. :P)
- To go para-gliding. (Check. Gliding over the Himalayan Mountains is a different experience altogether)
…. The list goes on. Will keep adding things as and when I come across things I really wanna do. I have an insane calling to be where I’m not. For, “It is only in adventure that some people succeed in knowing themselves – in finding themselves.” I follow the same line of thought. To do things I haven’t before, to take the road not traveled by, to be free in my adventures, to me, is to find where I really belong.
“To awaken quite alone in a strange town is one of the most pleasant sensations in the world. You are surrounded by adventure.”
For someone famous once said, there is no end to the adventures that we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.
So, till then, I hope you, “Leave the road, take the trails.”